One of the common types of sinks for the bathroom is with a hanging cabinet. This design of the washbasin allows you to organize additional places for storing useful little things in an accessible place, but at the same time not to clutter the bathroom space. Sinks and cabinets have many variants of execution, shapes and sizes, which allows you to choose plumbing equipment for any interior and dimensions of the bathroom.
1. Ways of fixing the sink and bedside table
Regardless of the shape, size and manufacturer of the washbasin, there are only two mounting options:
- The sink and bedside table are attached separately (they are hung on independent fasteners).
- Only a pedestal is mounted to the wall, and a surface-mounted washbasin is installed on it.
Installation of a wall-mounted cabinet with a sink is carried out using two types of fasteners:
- Standard pins for hanging plumbing fixtures.
- Fastening brackets used for hanging the locker. Each manufacturer’s brackets have a different configuration, suitable for a specific cabinet model.
2. Installation technology
Let’s consider the features of installing bathroom sinks with a wall-mounted cabinet.
2.1 Necessary tool
To do the work with your own hands, you need the following tool:
- Building bubble level.
- A set of screwdrivers and keys.
- A pencil for marking.
- Drill or perforator with a drill for walls.
You also need to study the manufacturer’s instructions and check the complete set. The standard set includes a sink, a wall cabinet in an assembled state, and fasteners. The mixer and siphon must be purchased separately most often.
Pay attention ! The included hardware is suitable for concrete walls. If the equipment is installed against walls made of light concrete (foam block, gas block, plasterboard, etc.), special dowels must be used, which are screwed into the concrete after drilling a hole.
Installation technology using special dowels in porous concrete walls.
For fastening to plasterboard, a special fastener is also used – a Molly dowel.
2.2. Fixing of a hanging sink and a pedestal
The procedure for installing a self-supporting sink with a suspended bedside table is carried out in the following sequence.
2.2.1. Step 1
Marking is being done on the wall. The height of the washbasin installation recommended by the current SP is 800-850 mm, but it can be changed to a greater or lesser side, taking into account the average height of all family members. This is one of the advantages of hanging cabinets under the sink – they can be installed at any height.
Marking includes the following steps:
- The height of the upper edge of the washbasin is noted.
- We mark the attachment points of the shell, having previously measured the intercenter distance between the holes.
Important ! All marks are applied using a construction level so that the sink is installed strictly horizontally.
A building level should be used when marking.
2.2.2. Step 2
Then holes for installing dowels in the walls are drilled with a drill of the appropriate diameter.
Plastic dowels are installed in the drilled holes, into which the pins for hanging the bowl are screwed.
The sink is hung on the studs and fixed with the help of nuts through plastic eccentrics, which serve to level the bowl and protect it from excessive clamping.
When the sink is fixed, its horizontal level is checked. If it is necessary to adjust the horizontal, for this, the fastening nut is loosened by 1.5–2 turns. Precise adjustment is carried out by a plastic eccentric, which is turned with a wrench. After placing the sink on the level, the nuts are tightened again.
Advice ! As long as the bottom of the sink is not covered by a box, it is recommended to install a faucet and a siphon, as well as make connections to the pipes, since it will be more difficult to do this after hanging the cabinet.
2.2.4. Step 4: installation of the cabinet
The hanging bedside table is attached in the following order:
- All drawers are removed to allow access to the interior of the structure.
- The attachment points of the mounting brackets are marked.
- 3. The holes in the bracket are circled with a pencil so that the exact points for installing metal products are obtained.
- 4. Holes are drilled at the specified points, dowels are inserted, mounting brackets are attached with self-tapping screws.
- 5. There are fixing anchors covered with decorative caps on the side walls of the cabinet. The anchors are twisted to the maximum distance, but so that they do not fall out.
- The cabinet is hung. Fastening brackets and anchors have special grooves and protrusions that ensure reliable adhesion and fixation.
2.2.5. Step 5: adjusting the bedside table
Precise adjustment of the location of the cabinet in relation to the sink and the wall is carried out with the help of two screws located on the front part of the decorative cover of the anchors:
The upper screw moves the cabinet in the vertical plane. They adjust the height of the locker and its pressure on the washbasin.
The lower screw moves the bedside table in the horizontal plane. They regulate the depth of the pedestal, that is, the pressure against the wall.
2.2.6. Step 6
The installation of a hanging cabinet with a self-supporting sink is completed by the installation of drawers. If necessary, their position in the vertical plane and ease of movement along the guides is regulated by special screws located at the end of the box. After finishing the work, the adjustment mechanism is closed with a decorative overlay.
2.3. Installation of a hanging locker with an overhead sink
Now let’s consider how to install a hanging cabinet with a sink , which is not attached to the wall, but is installed on top of the cabinet (overhead version of the bowl).
The technology of installing the cabinet is similar to the previous option, so let’s consider the main stages:
- Mounting brackets are attached to the wall with dowels and self-tapping screws. Fixation must be reliable, as the cabinet and sink will be held on these brackets.
- A bedside table is hung on the brackets. Pressure against the wall is carried out by the lower adjusting screw, and the upper one, if necessary, the cabinet is placed in a horizontal plane. Sometimes, to connect sewage or water, it is necessary to cut additional holes in the base of the cabinet.
- A washbasin is installed on the fixed and determined adjustment of the cabinet.
Sometimes there is such a situation when the bowl does not adjoin closely to the wall.
A wider seam can be filled with silicone (but it will be ugly), or with the help of a grinder with a disk for cutting ceramic tiles, carefully drain the “heels” of the sinks that interfere.
Such an operation must be carried out in a respirator, as the process is quite dusty. Before finally installing the washbasin on the cabinet, a sealant is applied to the end for additional fixation of the bowl.
To close the seam between the sink and the wall, a silicone sealant with antiseptic additives is used so that dark spots of mold do not appear on it. Painter’s tape is pre-glued on the edge so that the sealant does not have to be wiped off the bowl.
The easiest way to make the seam neat is to level the applied sealant with a finger wrapped in cellophane. After the sealant dries, the tape can be removed, after which installation and connection of the mixer and siphon can be carried out.
The installation of kitchen cabinets in sacramento can be done with your own hands, as the technology is quite simple. To do this, you need to be able to handle a minimum of tools that every master has, as well as follow the manufacturer’s recommendations, because each model may have its own nuances of installation.