One would want to put off packing for the move until the last, because it takes so much time and effort. As a rule, moving companies offer their packing services. If you hire movers Сalgary, you can be sure that all your things will be put in a certain order. However, let’s see how to make it easier for you if you are going to do the packaging yourself.
Let’s start with lists. You will need a list of rooms, a list of things in each room and a list of packing materials. It will be easier to pack if you know you have boxes and bubble wrap for fragile items. The list of things will allow you not to forget anything when loading and unpacking. The little needed things have to be packed in the first place.
Such things traditionally include books and decor items. Books are a little easier:
- make an inventory of all books, sorting them by authors and genres;
- put in a strong box;
- add packing material so that the books do not get damaged and do not move in the box during transportation. You can use soft toys or towels;
- sign each box and close it with tape.
Decor items should be treated with more care:
- Clean and pack each item separately. To protect valuable or fragile items, use packing materials such as packing paper, bubble wrap, cartons or crates. Fill the space with packing material such as newspaper or bubble wrap.
- Label each item right on the package.
- Stow larger decorative items in boxes and crates, then secure them in place with tape or string. If you have decor items that cannot be packaged, such as paintings or mirrors, wrap them in clingfilm and protect their corners with pieces of cardboard so you can move them separately.
- Label each box with decor items. Make sure that boxes with decor are at the top in the moving car. They should be unloaded first.
Also don’t forget about your houseplants:
- A few days before the move, you can transplant them into a more compact pot;
- Water them the day before moving;
- Plastic or wrapping paper is needed to protect the leaves from damage. You can also use special containers for plants moving. The foam in the container will help the pot not move during transportation.
- Make sure the plants are not exposed to direct sunlight or cold air during transportation.
- After moving, you need to leave the plants to rest for a few days – they need time to acclimatize at your new place.
We hope these tips will help you better prepare for the move and deal with all his worries as quickly as possible.